Saturday 14 December 2013

A Miracle Makeup Remover?

One of the worst bits of getting home late is taking your makeup off. I hate wanting to just roll into bed but know I have to scrub my eye makeup off. I recently have found something which does the job perfectly. It takes off everything so easily. No scrubbing!
It's clinique's take the day off makeup remover. 
It comes it a semi-see through bottle which means you can see the product separate. It separates into an oil and a clear liquid so you need to give it a really good shake before you use it. I then just take some on a cotton wool pad and just swirl it quickly round my face, which takes off my foundation, blusher, etc and then I start on my eyes. This is normally a mammoth task as I've never found something which takes my eye makeup off without either stingy my eyes or smearing black all round my face, which isn't ideal. With clinique's take the day off it's easy! I just rest it on my eyes for a few seconds, maybe ten at the most and then just sweep it over my eye lid and then gently rub my eyelashes. This pretty much removes all of it. Sometimes on days where I have more make up on, I will do it twice just to double check I've got rid of all the mascara but usually it's pretty perfect.
When I first tried this I was a bit worried as it's an oil based makeup remover and rubbing an oil on my already oily skin just wasn't appealing. However I got used to it very quickly and now love it. It does leave your skin with a slight greasy feeling but not too bad, so I usually will just quickly wash my face with some water and then do my normal nighttime routine of moisturizing. 

It is £17.00 a bottle which puts me off it a bit as there are so many makeup removers which are a lot cheaper but it is really worth it. I tend to only use it on days where I know my makeup is going to be a pain to get off or if I've worn a lot of eye makeup. But I would really recommend it! I'm pretty sure they do a set which contains a mini bottle of it which might be a good way to test this and some other clinique products out!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3

No comments: