Sunday 13 April 2014

Bourjois - Rouge Edition Velvet




Recently Bourjois brought out the Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks and I just had to check out the shades. A lot of the shades are pink based but there is still a good range of colours.

With liquid lipsticks I have the opinion that the bolder the better. If you're going to go for a liquid lipstick you may as well go for very bright, brave colours!
The two colours I decided on were Frambourjoise (02) and Hot Pepper (03).
I'll start with Hot Pepper. This is a bright, blue toned red. I just had to get this and give it a try. The colour is brilliant and so pigmented. The colour in the tube is the same colour as when it's on your lips!
The second colour I got was Frambourjoise. This is slightly lighter than a berry colour but still quite deep. I had looked at this one online and knew I would really like it. It's a very bold lip colour but I absolutely love it. It is so pigmented!
The Formula. It's truly amazing. I had heard other people say that it was a really smooth formula but I was still surprised. It is so smooth and they feel really luxurious. It literally glides on and is so easy to apply. Both are really pigmented so one coat is all you need which is brilliant. However if you do want to apply more than one coat, or top it up during the day, it's brilliant. It doesn't go patchy or sticky, so you can put more coats on top and it doesn't affect the feel of it at all. 

Once you've applied it, it dries to be matte which I love! If you're a fan of matte lipsticks you'll love these. They dry and stay matte for so long. When they dry matte I don't find that they make my lips feel dry at all as it is a very light-weight formula which makes them really comfortable to wear.
Overall I love these and I'm definitely going to go back and check out the other shades because I really want to try some more!
Daisy. Kiss <3