Sunday 20 April 2014

The Matte Nude Nail

With nail polishes, it's one of those things that I most definitely get stuck in a rut with. So the other day I decided to go over to the Barry M stand to try give myself some inspiration to try new colours.
Barry M brought out their Matte collection a few months ago or so but I hadn't go round to trying some out. And whilst it was 3 for 2 on Barry M cosmetics I decided to treat myself to some new colours.
I picked up the shade 'Vanilla' from the Matte collection. It's a very light brown-y nude with a very small hint of purple. I absolutely love the colour. It's very sophisticated looking and I think by the end of Summer this will bring out your tan perfectly. It's such an easy colour to wear.
I haven't used many Matte nail polishes, but one of the brilliant things about them is how quick they dry. I painted one hand, then the other and by the time I had finished painting my second hand, my first hand had already dried! Because it is a matte finish it makes it so easy to know when it's dried as it paints on looking very glossy but dries matte.
The formula is very good, as are most of Barry M nail polishes. It's easy to paint on, is very pigmented so you can get away with just one coat, but I did put two on just to give it a bit of a stronger colour. I kind of expected it to be a bit streaky to paint on as it's a matte finish but it really isn't. It's just as good as all the other formulas from Barry M.
I'm definitely going to check out some of the other colours from the Matte collection as I really like the finish and look of this one. Have you tried any of the Matte collection? I would love to hear your recommendations!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3