Sunday 4 May 2014

Spring Nails!


I must admit I think 'Spring' nail colours are the best! You can't beat a bit of pastels! So I decided to put together my favourites for this Spring.

Going from left to right...
Starting with Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear.
This is a beautiful pastel purple. I sometimes have the problem that light purples can make my hands look ill and really pale but I find this one's the perfect shade and doesn't make me look ill which is great! I don't know if I completely sold on the Gelly effect nails. I love the finish. They last really long and are so shiny! But painting them on isn't exactly hard but it's not as easy as regular polishes but I like the colour enough to get over that!
Next is Revlon's Blue Lagoon - 044.
It's a light blue with very small amounts of shimmer running through it. The shimmer is really fine so it doesn't look glittery at all. The blue is a really nice tone and tends to bring out any tan you have rather than making you look pale. The formula to this is surprisingly watery so you definitely have to do a couple of coats and be quite careful to avoid streaks, which is quite annoying. But once it's on it stays on for a good few days before you see any chips.
Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in Green Berry.
When I first got this I wasn't sure how much use I would actually get out of it as it's a pale green and I thought it probably wasn't the most flattering colour. However I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks. Unlike the other Barry M Gelly Nail Paints that I've tried, with this one you do need two coats but it still gives you a beautiful shiny finish and lasts along time. This is definitely my favourite green to wear and I haven't found anything else which is similar.
The last nail polish favourite for Spring is Barry M's  Matte Nail Paint . I did a whole post on this a few weeks ago as I absolutely love it! I was so surprised my how good a matte nail polishes can look as usually I'm like 'the shinier the better' but I think matte nails may be my new obsession!
Have you got any spring standouts for nail polishes? I would love to hear you recommendations as I'm always, always up for trying new nail polishes!

Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3