Friday 9 January 2015

The Dark Glossy Lip I'm Not Scared Of

I'm actually really excited to write this post, manily because it's about something I would have never picked up myself. But turns out I fricking love it! My Mum, although not knowing about my blog, is very well aware of my love for make up and she always gets me a couple of make up items for Chirstmas. This year she got me the Colour Boost Lip Crayon by Bourjois in Plum Russian.


The main reason why I would never have gone for this myself is that it's glossy and it's a crayon. I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of the whole 'crayon' lipstick phase, yes there's been some good ones but most of them I've found lack pigmentation and are more focused on being balm-y.
I don't think I've ever swatched these in store or heard much about them so when I received this I didn't really know what to expect.

The colour of this is gorgeous, especially at this time of year. It's a beautiful dark burgundy-berry shade, and I'm in love. I can't believe how pigmented this is and how glossy it is! It gives your lips a really nice shine to them while still being a dark lipstick, which is pretty impressive. 
Dark lips plus gloss normally leads to the lipstick being everywhere but on my lips. And that scares me, massively. But this one slides on easily, has a beautiful shine to it but stays there. It doesn't slip and slide around. 


Although it doesn't slide around, the lasting power isn't all that great. For a gloss it's pretty darn good but if you're used to a matte lipsticks it's not quite at that level. It'll stay looking glossy for a good 3 hours if you're just shopping, with friends, or basically doing anything other than eating or drinking. When you're eating or drinking it will fade quicker but it does fade nicely. It doesn't turn into lip liner or anything irritating like that so it's definitely one for all occasions, even if you are eating.

I'm so impressed by this, for something dark and glossy I am really surprised by how much I like this. If you haven't already checked these out I would definitely recommend having a look at them. You can pick them up from boots for £7.99.

Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: