Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Dolce Vita

This palette is one of the most exciting purchases I've made for quite some time. In early January I had a trip planned to go to London, which happened and was really good, and one of the things I was determine to do while I was there was go to the Charlotte Tilbury counter. And I did. And it was fabulous. 

Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow dolce vita


I couldn't decide between The Dolce Vita or the Golden Goddess palette when I was looking at swatches online but as soon as I saw them in person I had to pick up the Dolce Vita palette. It's absolutely stunning!

dolce vita charlotte tilbury palette

Not only is the packaging on the outside gorgeous, once you open it, it just keeps getting better. You get four shades. A prime, enhance, smoke and pop shade. The prime shade is a golden beige that is perfect for everyday all over the lid. The enhance shade is warm toned brown-y red which isn't normally something I would go for but this is just so pretty. Then the smoke shade is definitely more brown and a lot more 'natural'. Then the pop shade. This is amazing. The colour looks like a mix of the enhance and smoke shade with gold shimmer, almost glitter, running through it.

charlotte tilbury swatch dolce vita eyeshadow

The formula of the shades is as good as I expected. They are super blend-able so ideal for creating a smoky eye. The pigmentation is always amazing. There's basically nothing I don't like about this palette. You can use just the first two shades to make it more appropriate for everyday, or go all out and use all four shades for a dramatic eye look.
The price tag for this palette is pretty hefty at £38.00 but to me, it was definitely worth it. The palette feels very special and the quality is amazing. So I definitely won't be getting another one anytime soon but if you feel like treating yourself or someone wants to treat you, 100% recommend this! 

Have you tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury? What do you think of these palettes?
Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: