Monday 5 January 2015

The Highstreet Neutrals

I'm not going to lie, I very rarely stray from neutral eye shadows. I sometimes go for some subtle purples but that's about as adventurous as it gets for eye shadow. Because of my lack of creativity with my eye make up, it means I have my fair share of neutral eye shadows. So I thought I'd share my top few highstreet ones with you!


The first one, and definitely my oldest one, is the MUA trio in Innocence. This is such a go-to trio for me. It has an amazing highlight shade which is super pigmented and an all over lid colour that is equally as good. All three shades are shimmer-y but very wearable and at just £2.50 perfect for everyday!


The next lot of neutral eye shadows are from Revlon. This is a gorgeous quad in 'Moonlit'. It has four shades so you can really do any type of look with this. There's a light shade, for highlighting, 2 shades which I would consider as 'all over the lid shades' and then a darker shade if you want to add more definition to your eyes or make it a bit more smoky. I really love this quad but always forget to reach for it so this definitely going in my make up bag! This quad is £7.99 and you can pick it up from boots.


The newest addition to my neutral eye shadows is the quad from NYC in 'Best of Broadway'. I've tried NYC quads before and I've always been impressed with their buttery texture and their pigmentation. And this one is no different to the others. The shades again aren't matte, but they are very wearable. You get four shades, ranging from a highlight to a dark crease shade, all really pigmented and don't leave any fall out. The quality is really amazing, especially for the price, £2.99.


If you haven't tried any of these (mini) palettes and you're looking for some new eye shadows I would definitely recommend checking these out! They're all really affordable and something I reach for often. 

If you have any recommendations or favourites when it comes to neutral eyeshadows I would love to hear them, as you can never have too many neutral eyeshadows!
Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: