Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites

Bet you won't be able to guess how I'll start this post. I can't believe how quick this year has gone! But's it's true. Although the year has gone really quick, when I was looking back over it I realised how much has happened this year, and more importantly, obviously, how many new beauty items there has been! Let's get into it!

The one item I can't not mention is the Stay Matte Primer from Rimmel. This really got me into primers and I've already used up a whole tube of this and well into my second. If you have oily skin this is something definitely worth trying. It's changed my make up so much! I can now get away with wearing more glow-y products and they'll still stay in place, it's great!

The next item which I'm sure will be in a lot of bloggers favourites, is the Bourjois Velvet lip products. These things are fricking awesome. They dry to a completely matte finish and they don't budge. You can wear these on a day out, for a meal, basically any occasion. They are so comfortable to wear and I really don't know how I haven't bought every single shade yet! 

For eyeshadow there wasn't much competition. Hands down, it's the L'Oreal Colour Riche eyeshadows. These have been in my make up bag almost everyday since they came out. My favourite 2 colours are Cafe Saint Germain and Breaking Nude. The whole range is absolutely gorgeous and the eyeshadows themself are really butter-y and pigmented. The packaging is also really cute which is always a bonus!

L'Oreal Colour Riche eyeshadow swatch

My next favourite for 2014 is a brush rather than a product and it's the Wilko 'Smudger' brush. This brush, for £3, is amazing. I use this to blend eyeshadows through my crease and since I bought this, about half way through the year, I haven't use a different blending brush since. I have a full review here.

A concealer that I've loved throughout the year is the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint.  I've hit pan on this, which is always a proud moment. And I really like this concealer. It's slighly peachy toned so it counteracts the dark circles round my eyes while being really blendable and long lasting. So this ticks all the boxes and it just something really easy to reach for whether I'm in a rush or not.

I was going to pick a product from each category to include but I decided to just go for the ones that really stood out to me through the year! So I hope you've enjoyed this post and I would love to hear what you've loved this year and what you're staples have been!
It's been a brilliant year, so here's to next year being just as good or better!
Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: