Wednesday 17 December 2014

Winter-y FOTD

Now it's getting towards Christmas and I'm feeling very festive, I'm loving reflecting this through my makeup. And for some reason, and I hope I'm not alone on this one, I feel like in the winter near Christmas I wear a lot more makeup that usual. So this definitely isn't a natural makep look but it's definitely leaning more towards Christmas colours! So I hope you enjoy! 


Primer is something relatively new to me but a step I very rarely miss out when I know I'm going to be out all day. If you have oily skin you need to try this primer! It's the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer and I've used this almost everyday since I got it. I fricking love this stuff! It's really smooth to apply and leaves your face feeling very matte but almost tacky. But this feeling goes once you've applied a foundation.

For foundation today I'm mixing. I have the Revlon Colorstay and the L'Oreal True Match foundation and both these are the wrong colour for me. The Revlon is just a tad pale for me whereas the L'Oreal is perfect for me in Summer but by the time it gets to this time of year it's a tad too dark. So I mix them. It gives a really nice base that stays put all day and the L'Oreal foundation adds a small glow without being too much for my oily skin. 

My go to concealer, and if you've read my blog for even a small amount of time you've probably heard me go on about this, it's the Seventeen Stay Time concealer. This concealer is amazing. It feels really lightweight and gives a nice coverage while still not looking cakey. But I won't go on too much about this, again!

Now to contour. If you've seen my post recently you'll know that contouring is my new favourite thing. I've been loving the Seventeen contour kit recently which I did a review all about, here. It comes with a slightly cool toned brown which is perfect for contouring and a matte light beige which works well as a subtle highlight.

Then for eyebrows I've just been filling them in with the Maybelline Colour tattoo in Pernament taupe and I have a blog post all about this as well! This is very cool toned so if you have quite dark hair or ashy brown hair this will probably work well for you. I just use a angled eyeliner brush and fill them in. It gives use a very natural look and is really easy to control how much you apply. 

Now onto the interesting part, the colour! For the eyes I'm using the Makeup Revolution Flawless palette. For all over the lid I've been using this burnt gold colour and this is perfect for near Christmas! Then I've just been taking the dark matte brown to deepen up the crease. Then adding lots of coats of the Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara.

For lips I've been going for quite dark berry colours and one of my favourites is the Revlon Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion. It's quite purply so maybe not something you would go for everyday but if you fancy something more dramatic this is perfect.

Hope you've enjoyed my slighly Christmassy based post. I would love to hear what you've been reaching for recently as I'm always open for new product suggestions!
Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: