Wednesday 10 December 2014

Light FOTD - Winter Edition

I love wearing makeup, I really do and I'm definitely someone who see's makeup as an optional thing. I enjoy putting it on and wearing it but some days I'm just not in the mood to go all out and spend 20 minutes blending out my eyeshadow, not that that happens often. So here's what I've been reaching for recently on the 'lighter' makeup days.
For my base, and I'm really excited to talk about this one, is the Rimmel Matte BB cream. Yes a matte BB cream. So any of you oily skin girls out there, here is a BB cream that'll work. I've been looking for something as a lighter base for a while and when I was in boots I saw this BB cream and was sold straight away. A BB cream that'll be matte just seemed to good to be true. But it's not. This is the perfect everyday base. I just use my fingers, blend a large pea amount in and I'm done and it stays put all day.

Then to sort out those under eye circles. I'm back to using the phwoar paint concealer by Seventeen which is a long time favourite now, and I've hit pan, which is awfully exciting. This concealer is the perfect slightly salmon shade with a creamy texture and just applies so smoothly and really does what it's suppose to!

The concealer for any redness or blemishes I've been loving is the Rimmel match perfection concealer. It's really easy to blend and counteracts any redness really well so I've been reaching for this whenever I have any blemishes. I've done a full review here.

For my brows I've been keeping it simple. Just brushing them through with the Maybelline Browdrama in the shade Dark Blonde. This gives a small amount of colour and keeps it looking very natural but polished. I've also done a full review of this here.

As this is my 'lighter' makeup routine I haven't been using bronzer or blush. However I have been reaching for a highlighter a lot recently. The highlighter that I'm absolutely loving at the moment is the MUA highlighter in Pink shimmer. This is gorgeous and just adds a really nice glow to the tops of your cheeks. If you're looking for a new highlighter I would definitely check this one out. For £3 you can't really go wrong!

Keeping the eyes really simple, just putting a few coats of the Rocket volume mascara from Maybelline which is so good. Gives you so much curl and volume and really holds your lashes in place all day.

For lips, it's been the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This is gorgeous and really subtle but still looks like you're wearing something and I've been loving this a lot recently, and most of the year to be honest!

Then to finish everything off I just set my base with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.  I won't go on about this as I'm sure you're sick of hearing about this powder, but it really is holy grail and worth every single penny of it's £3.99 price tag!

So this is what I've been wearing lately. I hope you've enjoyed this post and I would love to hear what products have been in your go to makeup look recently!

Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: