Sunday 14 December 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

As you might know I've gone on about how much I love the match perfection foundation but I'd never tried the concealer until recently. If you've read any of my concealer reviews before you'll know I have the problem of finding warm-toned concealers. A lot of highstreet concealers lean more towards pinks and salmon colours, which are perfect for under the eyes but when you have more warm-toned skin they sometimes look a bit off. 

So recently I've been trying and testing the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer. The first thing I noticed about this concealer is that it's very neutral so it doesn't lean towards pinks or more earthy tones so hopefully it's suitable for a lot more people. It says it's a 2 in 1 highlighter and concealer. I'll start with the positive thoughts.

For blemishes this is perfect despite it being a highlighter concealer. It cancels out the redness really well and stays put all day. I've applied this straight onto my skin and onto foundation and it sits really well on both as long as you set it with a powder after.

Under the eyes, it blends in like a dream! I just use my fingers to blend and it works so well. It gives really good coverage and doesn't cakey or crease, so this is definitely a 2 in 1 product!

Onto the negative..
The packaging is really messy. I quite like the whole tube situation but the brush at the end just doesn't seem the most hygienic way of applying concealer. And then the lid always gets covered in the product from the brush. It's not big issue but if you like to have tidy, clean makeup this may not be for you.


Overall for blemishes I really like it, even though the applicator is a bit of a pain as I don't like applying it straight from the applicator to blemishes because of bacteria, but the concealer itself is really good.You can pick this up from boots for £5.99.

Have you tried this?

Thanks, Daisy.

No comments: