Sunday 28 December 2014

Mehr - MacLipstick #1

Mac lipsticks seem to be some of the most popular products between beauty bloggers and I've read a fair few reviews on them but the one colour I had never heard much about was Mehr. So when I was in Mac the other day, which definitely happens far too often, I was surprised when I gravitated towards this shade.




I tend to go for bright red's or more unusual colours with Mac lipsticks so I was looking for something more everyday appropriate. And that's when I picked up Mehr. Mehr is a matte finish and it's definitely completely matte. So if you're not into mattes I would maybe give it a miss. But I love a good matte lipstick so this was totally up my street.
It's described as a 'dirty blue pink'. And the term blue pink has always scared me. When I hear it I just think of barbie pink shades but it really isn't. It's definitely quite a 'dirty' pink. I've probably described about 50 lipsticks as being the shade 'my lips but better' but I swear this one really is. 


This is perfect for pairing with a dramatic eye look or just a everyday colour to wear to school or work. And the matte formula gives it a lot of staying power without leaving your lips too dry or transferring onto your teeth during the day.
If you're looking for a shade to go for as your first mac lipstick, or just a new shade, and you're not a fan of glossy lipsticks I would definitely recommend this. I've had this lipstick a few months now and I've used it probably 3 or 4 days out of the week each week. It's such a easy colour to wear.

I would love to hear your recommendations for Mac lipstick shades, (enable me, please.)
Thank you, Daisy.

No comments: