Sunday 21 December 2014

Lips For The Day Itself, Christmas



Whether or not I go for a full face of makeup on Christmas day, I haven't yet decided but I know one thing for definite; I'll be wearing a red lip.
I definitely have my fair share of red lipsticks so any opportunity to bring out the red lips, I'm there. And Christmas day is most certainly the biggest opportunity.
So here are my suggestions!

I'll start with a very classic matte red lipstick. It's the L'Oreal Exclusive Collection Pure Red's and they do four slightly different red's to suit all skin tones, and they're all fabulous. But my personal favourite and the one I think is most Christmas-y is Blake's Red. It dries to a complete matte finish so you don't need to worry about it sliding everywhere during the day, it's also really long lasting although you may have to top up once you've ate. 



L-R L'Oreal, Bourjois, Revlon Lip butter, Rimmel, Revlon.
Next is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in Hot Pepper, and I've mentioned these before on my blog, and I absolutely love them. They will literally stay all day, even when you're eating and drinking. They dry completely matte and once they're on, they're not going anywhere. So if you want something that will last the whole day and is very low maintenance, this is for you! This is definitely the brightest red out of all these lipsticks so perfect for Christmas day.

Now to the more subtle red. The Revlon lip butter in Candy Apple is a really good glossy red which is easy to reapply through the day so if you're looking for something less out there and very easy to maintain through the day the Revlon lip butter is perfect. It's really balmy and very easy to apply so you don't need to be faffing around with a mirror during the day. If the cold weather has been getting to your lips and you don't think your lips could pull off a matte red, this is the perfect alternative. 

Looking for something less red, more berry, the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 31 is perfect. It still has a certain amount of red to it, so still Christmas-y, but runs on the more berry side. It glides on really smoothly but not quite slippery so you don't need to worry about it smudging everywhere. It's also pretty long lasting so you don't need to worry about keeping it topped up, maybe after eating you'll want to reapply.

If you want a really glossy red, look no further. The Revlon Moisture Stain in New York Scene is perfect. This is incredibly shiny and makes your lips look really healthy. It's a really pigmented glossy and it has a certain amount of sticky-ness to it, which I would normally dislike but this really helps it stay in place and not slide everywhere. For a gloss the staying power of this is pretty impressive, it will stay in place for as long as most other standard lipsticks, so you'll probably want to reapply after eating but with just drinks you'll be fine. I'm normally all for the matte lips but this has definitely changed my opinion. 

I still haven't decided what lip colour I'll be wearing but no doubt I'll change about 5 times before deciding, on the day! I hope this helps you decide what you'll be wearing, even if it didn't help me!


If you have any recommendations or you already know what you'll be wearing I'd love to hear it!


Thank you, Daisy. 


P.S If you could answer the survey, here, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

No comments: