Saturday 7 February 2015

The Blue Liner Edit

Eyeliner is one of the first beauty items I tried out and played with, so eyeliner is definitely nothing new to be, even though you wouldn't be able to tell by how I do winged eyeliner. Black and brown is about as exciting as my liner usually gets until recently. Navy eyeliners are definitely becoming the new 'thing' when it comes to liners so I thought I would give some a try.

The great thing about a lot of blue eyeliners is that they are subtle enough to not look bright and bold, but just give a bit of something to your eye look. Paired with a bronze eyeshadow really makes your eyes pop!
The two blue liners that I've been trying out and really liked are the Essence kajal pencil in 'Feel the Eclipse' and the Rimmel liner in 'Denim blue'. They are really similar and both very affordable so I would say you wouldn't really need both.
The essence pencil is a slightly darker blue and looks a lot more black whereas the Rimmel's is lighter and will stand out more as a blue liner. So it depends what effect you want. Personally I lean towards the essence one but I have used both a lot recently, and really like how both of them look.
The formula of both eyeliners is basically the same, which I was surprised by as I did expect the Rimmel liner to be creamier, but both of them are on the dry side, but not so they pull on the eye when you apply them. It does mean they don't smudge too much which is almost always good when it comes to eye liner. I have used these on my lash line, not in my waterline so I can't say how good they are at staying put there, but I've tried the black versions of both of these and I wasn't disappointed.

Have you tried either of these? Have you started wearing blue liner?

Thank you, Daisy.

No comments: