Sunday 2 March 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

Primers have never really appealed to me before and I haven't really tried many. The thought of putting an extra layer of product onto my skin never seemed like a good idea as I have quite an oily t-zone. I thought 'why would I want even more things to slide around my face?' That really paints a beautiful picture. 
Anyway when I saw that rimmel had come out with a primer which was specifically for keeping your skin matte, I thought its worth a try. 
The primer can be used on its own or under or even over foundation. So far I've only tried it under my foundation. I didn't really fancy trying it over as the thought of that scares me some what.  
The product itself is white. It's a very light weight creamy sort of texture, which goes on really smooth and goes on clear. I left my to dry for a minute or two before applying my foundation. The primer says it should control shine for up to 8 hours and minimises the appearance of pores. 
I was kind of disappointed by it at first. I found that it made very little difference to the lasting power of my foundations. I tried both the rimmel match perfection foundation and the Revlon colour stay underneath. It definitely makes it no worse and it does allow your foundation to go on more smoothly but it doesn't do much to help the shine. 
However it definitely minimises the appearance of pores. For me that was like a second job of this primer. I got the primer more for the shine control than anything else. But I love how smooth it makes your skin look and it helps so much with my pores around my nose and on my chin. 
So despite a small disappointment, overall I do really like it! I don't think I would repurchase it but I'm definitely going to use it up and for the price I would say it's absolutely worth trying.
Do you know of any primers that control shine? I would love to hear your thoughts. 
Daisy, Kiss <3