Sunday 30 March 2014

Seventeen Stay Time Concealer

I'm back again with another concealer! I swear I'm not obsessed..
After trying the Phwoarr Paint Concealer from Seventeen, which I've done a review on, and loving it I thought I'd give another one of their concealers a go! 




I've always been a fan of Collections (2000) Lasting Perfection concealer as it really lasts all day, recently though I just haven't been reaching for it. I quite olive toned skin and I was starting to find that the Collection concealer was a tad to pink for me and wasn't covering blemishes, more drawing attention to them which wasn't ideal. I don't tend to have a load of concealers on the go as I find they do dry up quite quickly, so unfortunately I had no backup when this one stopped working for me. So off to Boots I went. 

I had looked online a lot to try find a concealer which suits more olive toned skin but I couldn't see any that stood out. However when I was in Boots I decided to just swatch away and so I did. The nice lady in Boots did come over to me and check if I was alright after I'd been there half an hour or so swatching every concealer they sold.
I eventually settled on the 17 Stay Time Concealer. I wasn't 100% happy with my choice but it seemed like the best I was going to find.
However I was most definitely wrong. I got the shade 'fair' and it suits my skin perfectly. It didn't stand out as being very olive toned but it definitely isn't pink either. This means it covers any blemishes and doesn't leave your skin looking oddly pink like my collection one unfortunately did.
After using the collection concealer for the past year or so I wasn't sure how the 17 concealer was going to hold up in the lasting time. It claims to have '18 hour wear time' and personally I have no yet had the need to wear this concealer for 18 hours but it lasts so well! I usually pop it on at around 7:30 in the morning and when I get round to taking my makeup off in the evening at around 7pm it's been looking as good as it did when I put it on. I use a setting powder over the top, like I do with any other concealer or foundation, and I found that it really is long lasting. A problem with some long lasting concealers are that they are incredibly drying but this one really isn't. I have quite oily skin so I can't say what it would be like for someone with really dry skin but it doesn't feel to heavy so I would imagine it would work well on all skin types.
For £5.69 this concealer definitely beats the Collection (2000) concealer, at least for now, so until I turn really pale again I imagine this is going to be my go to concealer! I would love to hear your thoughts on this concealer or any other concealers you've been loving recently!
Thanks, Daisy <3