Monday 6 October 2014

Seventeen Define & Conquer

So this is new. I hadn't heard anything about it and I happened to be scrolling through the boots website when I saw this and I'm guessing it was the day or so that it came out because it was sold out in every shade. Anyway so I assumed my local boots would probably have some and I'd check the next time I was in town. Low and behold, no they didn't. Long story short my other local boots did but this one was the last one so it seems like they are really selling well.Seventeen Define & contour review

 I'm not going to lie, I think the thing that drew me in the most was the packaging.(And possibly the price!) I'm a bit of a sucker for matte black packaging. It looks so smart and it has a good click when you open and close it which is always very satisfying. It also has a mirror which takes up the whole lid so another plus there.
Seventeen Define & contour

I got the shade 'fair' which seems about right. The contour shade isn't too dark that it's muddy looking but definitely dark enough to contour. And the highlight shade is a really nice light beige colour. But the thing that surprised me about this contour kit is that both shades are completely matte. I love that they are both matte! To find a good matte bronzer from the highstreet can sometimes be quite hard so to have one that comes with a matte highlighter as well is brilliant.

Seventeen Define & contour
 They are both nicely pigmented and very buildable and I would say the only negative is that they are quite powdery. Not necessarily once you've applied them, more when you swirl your brush in them. I find stippling your brush in them picks up the product just as well and stops a load of powder coming off. But overall I'm really impressed by this and it's definitely going in my makeup bag. 

You can buy them from boots for £4.99. And I would definitely recommend trying it, they seem to be selling quickly!
Thank you, Daisy x

No comments: