Friday 3 October 2014

Essence Lip Liners

Lip Liner. It's nothing I've ever been fussed about. I don't tend to use lip liners, even with red lipsticks but when the Essence stand was added to my local Wilkinsons, for some reason, I decided to pick up two of their lip liners. And I'm now hooked.
I went for a nude and a red lip liner, 'In the Nude' and 'Red Blush'. And I really like both of them. They're quite creamy meaning they go on really smoothly so it's easy to get a precise outline but they are dry enough to stay and stop any lipsticks bleeding or smudging. I haven't got much experience with lip liners so I can't compare them to others but there's nothing negative about them! So I would definitely recommend them. 
They are £1 each, which is an absolute bargain and they have 6 different shades and for a pound, I'm planning on getting all six so I have one for almost every colour of lipstick!

I sometimes use the lip liners just to outline my lips or colour in and use more as a base, if you will. I wore the red lip liner as a 'base' with the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 31 over the top. And the lipstick definitely lasted longer but once it had faded off, after eating and drinking, I was just left with the stain of the lip liner and, if I say so myself, it still looked really good. So I love the combination of the lip liner and the Rimmel lipstick.

The other combination that I love is the nude liner as a liner, or a base, with the Rimmel Moisture lipstick in 'Let's get Naked' over the top. I then use a tissue to blot the lipstick really lightly and it's literally the perfect matte looking nude! I love it. And I don't usually go for a nude lip but with this, I love it so much! So these lip liners have definitely opened my eyes to the potentially amazing-ness of lip liners,

I would really recommend picking these up, even if you're not a lip liner lover, for a pound they are definitely worth trying! If you have any other favourite lip liners, or liners which are worth a try, I would love to hear them!

Thank you, Daisy.

No comments: