Friday 26 September 2014

Max Factor Lipfinity

I very rarely go to Boots, well that's a lie but I don't usually go looking for a specific lip colour but the other day I was after something slightly more interesting than a standard lipstick and in a certain colour to go with a dress I had! I was looking for a dark mauve-y pink colour. And as it was a big boots store, a lot of brands had counters so the very nice lady at the Max Factor counter recommend this.


It's the Colour and Gloss lipfinity in the shade 'Luminous Petal', 530. It's a double ended lip product and I really like the idea behind them. You apply the colour first and then leave it a minute or so to dry. It's a very matte formula which makes it somewhat harder to apply than a regular lipgloss. But once you've applied the colour and let it dry, it's not going anywhere! It stays put for a good 6 hours which included eating and drinking.
The step 2, and other end, is a pearly-pink gloss. It's super shiny and has a very sweet scent. But it doesn't layer well. To begin with it looks and feels fine but then after it really settles in it starts to flake. The colour and the gloss seem to absorb into each other and then peels off in a really unattractive way.
And because it peels and flakes it makes your lips look really dry which is never a look I go for.



The Max Factor Infinity Colour and Gloss come in 7 different shades, each with a different colour and gloss so it manages to cover most colour combinations easily and they are £9.99.
I personally wouldn't say they are worth the £9.99 as I would only use them individually, so either the colour or the gloss. But I was definitely disappointed in these.

If you have any dupes for this lip colour I would love to hear them!

Thank you, Daisy.

No comments: