Thursday 18 September 2014

Lazy Day Makeup

I mostly definitely have lazy days, normally at the weekend but sometimes they hit me midweek and I still need to make myself look presentable. And funnily enough I have quite a few lazy days so I have a whole routine now with products that are easy to use and that I know work when I'm in a rush!
lazy day makeup - tea tree face wash the body shop

The first thing I do every morning, lazy or not, is wash my face using the Tea Tree face wash from The Body Shop. I use warm water, especially in the cooler months because who wants to put cold water on their face in a morning? This face wash is so good, I think this is my third bottle!

I then moisturise. No matter how rushed I am or how lazy I'm being, I always moisturise! I use the Aloe day cream by The Body shop which is just a really simple moisturiser which does its job but nothing amazing.

Next is another body shop product, I know, I'm obsessed. It's the tea tree pore minimiser which works as a primer and is a really good base for lazy days. It's quick to use, does what it says and is really refreshing.

Now onto the makeup!
The phwoarr concealer from Seventeen is a quick under eye concealer. It's a cream-y product so I use my fingers to apply it which makes it even quicker, and it's really pigmented so covers up dark circles and stays all day!

Next is my mascara. When I'm going simple everywhere else I like to have some good lashes so I use the Benefit They're Real Mascara which is so good. It's worth every bit of it's hype. It separates my lashes and makes them look very long and fluttery and makes me look a lot more awake that I actually am.

Next for some very light coverage because I usually don't have time or really can't be bothered with a full foundation so I use my Fit Me powder. I find that this powder just helps to smooth over everything and just adds that tiny bit of coverage to make things seem better. It also lasts all day which is perfect.

Then to lips. On a lazy day I sometimes just put a red lipstick on. Seems daft, but wait for my reasoning because it kind of makes sense. If I'm wearing bright red lipstick I usually go quite light on the eyes so it looks intentional that I have very little, or in this case no, eyeshadow on. And it distracts from what's going on with the rest of my face, which on lazy days, is definitely a good thing. However if I'm going somewhere where a bright red lip isn't quite appropriate I usually go for my Maybelline baby lips in Cherry Me. A lovely shiny pinky-red which is easy to apply, maintain and wear all day. 


Hope you've enjoyed finding out my lazy day routine and makeup products. I'm always open for suggestions of new products. So what's your favourite 'lazy day' product?

Thanks very much, Daisy.


No comments: