Friday 24 October 2014

The Art of Contouring


I think contouring is something a lot of people swear by but also the step a lot of people avoid. I know for me, when I first started with the whole makeup shenanigan, the thought of contouring was kinda intimidating. There was the fear of looking muddy, looking orange or having a too shimmery bronzer. 



So over the last few months I've been perfecting my contouring routine, and I absolutely love it. I never thought I'd get along with contouring but now I find it easier and quicker than doing winged eyeliner, not that that's particularly an achievement. After watching many youtubers using the nars contouring brush I decided to try contour with the small brush you get in the boxed powders by Benefit. 

This brush has made contouring ten times better! At the moment I'm not brave enough to use hoola, I'm still building up to that, but I use this brush with the body shops honey bronzer. You don't need much product and then I draw(?) a line from my ear across my cheek, just under my cheekbone. This leaves a pretty clear line. I then take a dense powder brush with no product on and blend. And blend some more. Once I've finished blending I'm left with a nice but subtle contour and I love it! Contouring is definitely my favourite makeup step at the moment. I love how much shape it adds to your face from doing something relatively simple. 

So now I'm on a bronzer kick! And I'm on the hunt for more bronzers, so let me know what your go to bronzer is cause I need some recommendations! 
Thanks, Daisy. x

No comments: