Friday 31 October 2014

NYC Quad - South Street Seaport

My love for NYC has increased dramatically since my local superdrug got rid of the nyc stand! Yes, before they got rid of it I wasn't fussed but now it seems rare and special, so when I was in Nottingham and in their superdrug, bam I was over at the nyc stand.
And I picked up the eyeshadow quad in South Street Seaport.
nyc south street seaport review and swatch

You get four shades, a highlight, all over, crease and contour colour. All four shades have a small amount of shimmer to them but nothing major as I still find it very everyday-ish.

The highlight shade is a creamy white and it's nicely pigmented so it doesn't leave you with just shimmer, it definitely gives you a nice cream colour.
The second shade is gorgeous, definitely my favourite. It's a pearly pink-brown shade and this, unfortunately is the most powdery of the four shades but it's still usable and pigmented.

fall eyeshadow nyc mauve
The third shade is a light brown with a hint of pink in it. This shade's really good for adding a bit more colour to your look, but still keeping it light and fresh looking. And it's really creamy, probably the best of the four.
The forth and last shade is a dark brown, which personally I would prefer if it was matte, especially as a contour/crease colour, so I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well this worked. Despite having a bit of shimmer running through it, it still works really well!  

nyc eyeshadow quad swatch
I really like this quad. It's so affordable! It adds a bit of colour from my normal plain browns but nothing too much. I also love how the shades are laid out, so when I next go to a Superdrug with nyc in I'm definitely going to look at the different shades!

Have you tried nyc eyeshadows? What's you favourite quad?
Thanks, Daisy. x

No comments: