Sunday 2 November 2014

Choc Chip Cookies - Baking #1


I love a good cookie, or any type of baking product to be honest, but cookies, to me are definitely the best. Choc chip cookies especially. You just can't go wrong with a good cookie, especially in the colder weather! So here's how I make them!



 It's pretty easy! 
100g of Butter
100g of Sugar

1 tbs Syrup
150g Self Raising Flour
100g of Chocolate

 And the oven at 180
You add the butter and sugar to a bowl and beat them together, I usually use a electric whisk but you can do it by hand if you like. I then add the spoon of syrup. Tip for getting the syrup off the spoon easily, if you have gas hobs just hold the spoon over the flame for 10 seconds, carefully, then when you spoon out the syrup into the bowl it runs off easily!
Then stir in the flour, you can sieve it but I never bother and they still turn out fine! Give it a good stir and then add you chocolate!
 

 In these cookies I used a chocolate bar which has hazelnuts in it but you can literally use anything! I sometimes add smarties which work really well!

After the mixture is all mixed together, I then use my hands to form small balls of the mixture and then place it on to the baking sheet. I usually pat the down a bit so they aren't perfectly round and go more flat when cooked.

I then pop them in the oven for 12-15 minutes until they have flatten down and turned golden brown. You'll want to wait until they almost form a crust over them before taking them out. I then leave them on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack to properly cool down, and then enjoy!

This usually makes about 12 cookies, but obviously it depends how big you make them. Mine usually come out pretty big!

I hope you've enjoyed this, it's something a bit different to normal so, please, let me know what you think!

Thanks, Daisy. x

No comments: