Monday 17 November 2014

Collection Nude Palette

                                  
More neutral eyeshadows anyone? 
I definitely have more than my fair share of neutral eyeshadows, so much so I picked up this palette about 3 months ago and have only just got round to trying it out! I don't know whether it was the cardboard packaging or the fact I'm a creature of habit that put me off using and trying this. But I finally did. 





You get 3 rows of eyeshadows, 8 normal, 1 cream and the cream is marked as a highlight shade. But it's really not. It's (or at least was, oopps.) a matte white shade. And I've tried using these eyeshadows as standard eyeshadows and they really didn't work well. They were kinda chalky and not at all pigmented. I then tried using the 'highlight' shade as a cream base and it improved these eyeshadows so much. Without using that I would have definitely not bothered with this palette, but use it the right way and it's lovely. 

collection nude eyeshadow review
Using the cream 'base' with eyeshadows over the top I found that my eyeshadow lasted all day and hadn't creased at all. So it gets the thumbs up there.
Packaging. It's not awful but it's certainly not brilliant. It has a magnet which keeps it closed, which I'm a big fan of but the rest is cardboard and it's just not fabulous. But when you consider the price, only £3.99, it does seem very reasonable.
collection 2000 nude palette review and swatch

Would I pick this up?

If you need some neutral eyeshadows and are on a budget, I would definitely suggest picking this up, the qualities good and you can use the cream highlight as a base.
If you have more neutral eyeshadows than you can shake a stick at, I would maybe skip this one. It's good but there's nothing special about it and the colours are very easy to find in other palettes or brands.

You can pick this up from Boots for £3.99. 
Have you tried these eyeshadows? What did you think of them?
Thanks, Daisy. x

No comments: