Sunday 30 November 2014

Makeup Revolution Vs MUA - highlighter

Makeup Revolution has hit the beauty scene pretty hard and I now have a fair few of their products. And if you've read my post where I went on about how great contouring is, you probably won't be surprised when I say that highlighting is also my new favourite thing. So of course I had to try one from Makeup Revolution. 
As two of the very affordable makeup brands on the market I decided to test out the MUA and the Makeup Revolution highlighters.


Packaging
They have very similar packaging, a see-through lid that clicks shut with the branding on the lid. MUA's comes in white packaging and the lid lays flat almost against the product whereas Makeup Revolution's is black with a curved lid. Personally, I prefer the MUA just because it fits in my makeup bag or storage a lot better as the lid doesn't take up extra room. But they both feel pretty sturdy so no major wins here.
Formula
I'll start with pigmentation. They are both really pigmented, especially for their price, £3, but as Makeup Revolution's has less colour to it, more shimmer I would say MUA comes across as more pigmented. But in terms of shimmer I would give this one to Makeup Revolutions.
For the actual formula I found that MUA was slightly smoother whereas Makeup Revolution had a tiny bit of a chalky feel to it, but nothing major.


Lasting Power
My skin literally, well probably not literally, eats up makeup and I found that Make Revolution's highlighter stayed on all day! So I was hugely impressed! MUA's didn't do a bad job either, but definitely faded through the day.

Overall they are both really well formulated for their price and they are beuatiful highlighters! I would definitely recommend both, if you're looking for highlight only I would suggest Makeup Revolutions, want a hint of colour go for MUA.
You can pick them up from Superdrug for just £3.
Hope you've enjoyed!
Thanks, Daisy

No comments: