Wednesday 16 July 2014

My Travel Makeup Bag

Summer is finally and truly here which means holidays! Which means travel makeup so here is what I'll be packing for my holidays!



For my base I'll be going for Clinique CC cream. It has medium/low coverage with SPF 30 which is perfect for hot weather.
Usually when I'm holiday I rarely go for a full base, I usually just do a bit of a concealer job. So the concealer I'm packing is the Seventeen Stay time concealer. I've been obsessed with this recently! It covers and stays put so well. Love it.
However much I love my Body Shop honey bronzer, I don't usually take it on holiday with me, as mine, shade 2, is quite pale so works best in winter and spring. Instead of taking a bronzer I'll compensate by taking two blushers. I'm taking the Bourjois blush in 'Golden Lilac' which is a pink coloured blush with golden shimmer running through it. I'll also take a more subtle blush; natural collection blush in 'Peach Melba'.
For eyebrows, I'll be taking my Maybelline BrowDrama in dark blonde which I love and keeps your brows in place all day!
Mascara. I still haven't found the perfect waterproof mascara but I am a massive fan of the No.7 Exceptional Definition.

Usually I take 10 different eyeshadows and then barely ever use them so I've cut down to one! I find when I'm on holiday I never want to spend time blending eyeshadows so I thought going for just one eyeshadow will probably be enough, and very brave. The eyeshadow I've been loving at the moment is L'Oreal Paris new monoeyshadows in Cafe Saint Germain. I love this colour so much. It's inbetween a neutral and a purple shade and it's beautiful!

For evenings out, to go from daytime to nighttime. I find eyeliner is the quickest and easiest the way to spice up a look. At the moment I'm using the Rimmel Scandaleyes precision eyeliner. And I quite like it!

On to lip products! I've managed to narrow it down to 2. My first one is more of a everyday lipstick which looks perfect with a tan. It's Rimmel Moisture Renew in 'Let's Get Naked' which is a lovely pinky- slightlu peachy colour. For my bold evening lip product I've choosen the Bourjois rouge edition velvet in the shade 'Frambourjoise' which is a bright berry colour. And the formula of this is AMAZING.
Then as usual to set everything into place I use the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder in the shade transparent. This just helps to keep the shine away.
The bag I'm using to take my makeup in is brilliant. It has 3 separate compartments, with the middle one being detachable. And it means I can fit all my toiletries in one bag! I picked up this bag from Primark a few months ago and since then they've come out with different patterns, some being really nice. 

I hope you've enjoyed seeing what's in my travel makeup bag. I would love to hear what's in yours? And if you have any recommendations for a waterproof mascara!

Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3

No comments: