Thursday 31 July 2014

Highstreet Picks!

The highstreet does makeup pretty darn well and there's so many different products so I decided to pick out some my long term favourites and put them all into a post!

We'll start with something I always talk about. The Seventeen Stay Time concealer. I love this concealer, mostly for its ability to cover dark circles or blemishes and then stay all day but another reason why I keep going back to this concealer is it's colour. I find most highstreet concealers are slightly on the pink tone side of things. The bloggers favourite concealer; Collection (2000), I find too pink toned. And it took me a while of testing out different brands and types of concealer until I found one which was more warm toned. The Seventeen do a range of colours but all of them being more warmed toned than pink, which is perfect for my skin tone. So if you find other concealers slightly too pink toned, or even if you don't I would definitely recommend giving this a go!

The next product which really stands out to me, mostly because I use it everyday, is the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder. I've used this and the Rimmel stay matte powder and I personally haven't ever noticed any difference between the two. They both leave a matte-like finish and keeps the shine away all day, which is ideal for warm weather!

The highstreet have such a huge range of different types of eyeshadow, and I'm ashamed to say I've tried far too many but one of my go to eyeshadow sets is from MUA. It's their trio is 'Innocence'. All the shades are shimmer-y which may put you off but they are still very wearable, really pigmented and surprisingly creamy considering how affordable they are.


Now onto lip products. To me, lip products are the highstreet strongest category, they do them so well!
The first lip product is more a tinted lip balm than an actual lipstick. It's the Maybelline Baby lips in 'Cherry Me'. The first thing I noticed about this is it's packaging. It's really bright and fun, I love it! The product itself is really good. It gives off a surprising amount of colour but it's still sheer and easy to apply. I would honestly recommend checking either this one or any of the other colours out!



My next highstreet pick is from Revlon. Revlon do lip products really well and in the last year or so they brought out the Just Bitten Kissable balm stains. All of them are really pigmented, comfortable to wear and balm-y. But the one that stands out to me is the shade 'Honey'. It's the most wearable out of all the shades, so is perfect for everyday or when you want a more subtle lip colour. Another thing I love about them is their scent. Some people hate that they smell of peppermint but I personally love it! And the shade 'Honey' is 100% my most worn lip colour. 

The next lip product is the Bourjois Velvet lipstick in the shade 'Hot Pepper'. Their whole range of Velvet lipsticks are so smooth to apply stay on soo long, and I mean so long. You can wear them out all day, then come home and you still have to use a good makeup remover to take them off. Hot Pepper is such a brilliant colour. It ticks every box for being the perfect matte red lip!

That's just some of my highstreet picks! There are so many amazing products from the highstreet brands so I may make this sort of post a seasonal thing as I always have so many products to talk about! I would love to hear what you're highstreet picks are so I can check them out!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3

No comments: