Tuesday 5 August 2014

Summer : FOTD

I kept making a mental note to do a Summer FOTD, preferably in June or July but just kept forgetting. And when I was turning my Calander over to August it hit me that Summers well on it's way and I still haven't done one! So here it is!


Between the months of June and August foundation is a very rare occurrence in my makeup routine. You see I've been blessed with oily skin, and add heat to that and try get foundation to stay and not look like a disco ball is just not going to happen. So no foundation. But I can't go without my go to concealer, which you're probably sick of me going on about,(sorry). It's the Seventeen Stay Time concealer. I'll make it short and sweet (for once), brilliant and I love it. 
To set my concealer it's my trusty Rimmel clear skin powder, basically the same as the Stay matte powder. Really works well, does what it says and doesn't break me out. So it's a win-win product.

For my eyebrows I just comb them through with the Maybelline BrowDrama which sets them in place and gives them a hint of colour to fill in any slightly sparse  areas. 
Recently for my eyes I've been using two Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow crayons, in the colours 'Bulletproof beige' and 'Bad Girl bronze'. Ones a very light colour, the other very dark. So I like to add them both to my lid, the dark towards the outside, the light on the inner and blend them. It gives a nice very subtle smoky eye which is effortless. 


At the moment I'm using the Rimmel Sacandaleyes eyeliner. It's a standard black eyeliner, nothing amazing. So I wouldn't go out your way to try it but if you're looking for a new one it's not bad.
For lashes I'm using the Clinique high impact mascara which I've used before and I love it. It gives a ton of volume and defines your lashes. So I'm now sat on the fence trying to decide whether or not to splurge as I forgot how much I loved it!
On my cheeks, I've been using as usually, the natural collection blush in peach Melba. It's really natural and easy to apply so it's definitely my go to. For bronzer I've been trying out the collection mosaic bronzer. It's very shimmery and definitely more of a bronzer than a contour. Because it's so shimmery it works well as a highlighter as well. But it does needs a lot of blending and it gives a nice glowly finish which is definitely worth it for summery days. 

Almost forgot, lips. You can't go far wrong with Cliniques Chubby Sticks. They're easy to apply, moisturising and give a good amount of colour. For Summer I've been loving 'Pudgy Peony' which is a really nice bright pink shade.


Hope you've enjoyed, thanks for reading!
I would love to know whats been your Summer staples? 
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3

No comments: