Saturday 16 August 2014

Wilko Eye Makeup Brush - Review

Makeup brushes are one of those things I hate spending money on. No matter how good the makeup brushes are I still hate spending tons of them. It's just one of those things.
But when Wilkinsons, one of the last places I expected to bring out brushes, brought out their own range of brushes I was drawn in. 


They recently started doing makeup brushes. They have 8 different brushes, ranging from foundation brushes to blush to eyeshadow brushes and they all have the black and orange handles, a lot like Real Technique's, and are 100% synthetic hairs. And all of the brushes are between £3 and £4. Despite them being very affordable I was very controlled and only let myself get one. I wasn't really in any need of new brushes so I just picked up the 'Smokey Eye Brush'. It's a short, round, dense brush which is very slightly tapered all the way around. 

I've been using this for eyeshadow almost everyday since I got it. It's amazing. It's quite a dense brush so it picks up product easily and applies it evenly which makes it perfect for all over shadow colour. I've also used this for the crease colour when I don't 
want it to be too precise and I found it blends out eyeshadows really well. I've used this with both cream and powder products and it always blends really well. So I'm very impressed, especially for £3!


I really didn't expect the brush to be so good and become a staple in my makeup routine but it definitely has! I'm now trying to stop myself from going back and picking up the rest, because they are definitely worth the money, and more! 
Have you tried any of the Wilkinsons brushes? Which ones would you recommend?
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3

No comments: