Thursday 21 August 2014

Models Own - Purple Blue

I caved. I was trying so badly not to add to my nail polish collection (I'll admit it's a bit out of hand) but I did. But .. It was worth it and my justification is that this new polish is a lot different from anything I own.


For a while I've been eyeing up Models own nail polish. There's just something about that looks very sleek. The packaging is simple, relatively plain and just very proper looking (if you know what I mean). 
The shade is Purple Blue and it's literally amazing. It's a iridescent formula, showing mostly purples and blues, but it really does have a whole mix of colours in when you're in the sunlight. Because it's iridescent I think you can wear this all year round as it's base colour appears quite dark, more autumn like, but the iridescent colours help to make it more summer-y. I love it. 


The formula is quite runny, not gloppy or gel like at all. As it's on the runnier side for nail polishes it makes it really easy to apply, however you do need two coats. The first coat came out really sheer and I was expecting to have to do about 50 layers to get it opaque but after adding the second it was fine. 
I really like the nail polish and it's definitely got me into iridescent nail polishes. If you have any recommendations or you've tried any models own nail polishes I would love to hear them! 
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3

No comments: