Thursday 28 August 2014

Worth the hype? They're Real Liner

This liner has had a lot of hype and a mean a lot of hype. And when it first came out I really wasn't fussed about it. If I was going to spend money on higher end make up the last thing I would go for was an eye liner, or so I thought. Long story short, I swatched it more than once at a benefit counter and then couldn't resist getting it.


The liner is £18.50, which is a pound less than the mascara, but still a pretty hefty price tag for an eyeliner and I just couldn't believe it would be worth it. But before I go onto what I love about it, I'll just quickly say, definitely worth it, would recommend it even though you have to fork out double what a normal highstreet eyeliner is worth.
The eye liner itself comes in a pen-like applicator with a twist off lid (you won't believe how many times I've tried to just pull it off) and a section at the end which you have to twist to get the liner out. When you twist the end a small amount of products comes out and this is enough for one eye, unless you're going thick and dramatic with your liner. This means you don't get left with loads clogging up the applicator or having to stop midway through to get more product. 

The applicator is a small slanted rubber tip which is quite flexible and is advertised as 'lash hugging'. The slanted tip makes it perfect for doing a winged liner look and for getting a smooth line all across your lid. And the rubber, flexible part means it allows you to get right next to your lash line so you can make your eye liner as subtle or as bold as you like.

The formula of this eye liner is amaazing. Once it's on, it's not going anywhere. It doesn't smudge, doesn't run, literally nothing. I haven't actually got the They're Real Remover so I, at first tried to remove it with the Garnier Micellar water and it didn't move at all. So then I moved onto my Clinique Take the Day Off remover and that managed to remove it! But damn it's hard to get off, may have to go back for the Remover.. 

Once the eye liner sets, which takes about 20 seconds, it sets to a matt black but doesn't look dry or crack through the day so it's lasting ability is also amaazing. So when I want my eye liner to really stay on, which is almost everyday, I always go for this liner. And now I have this liner, it's made everyday an eye liner day.


To basically sum up my rambling, this liner is definitely worth the hype and the price tag. I wasn't sure about spending so much on just an eye liner but it's so much better than anything from the highstreet brands that I've tried so I would recommend going all out and getting this liner if you're in the market for a new liner.

Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3

No comments: