Thursday 10 July 2014

Revlon Colourstay eyeshadow - Moonlit

I've never heard much about Revlon eyeshadows so the other day when I was in boots I decided to pick up one of their quads as it was 3 for 2. I went for the shade 'Moonlit'.



It has a very light shimmer-y white which would be perfect for the inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight. However it's really powdery which means any colour completely goes and you're only left with the shimmer. For the highlight colour I wasn't too surprised this happend as it often does. 
The next colour in the quad is a beige colour with very smooth shimmer running through it. Again, the colour really doesn't  give much pay off so you are mostly left with just shimmer. 
The next colour, in the top right, is the colour which stood out the most to me. It's a bronze colour and, like the rest, slightly shimmer-y. As this colour is darker you can build it up to get a good colour out of it but it still comes across as very shimmer-y. 

As you may be able to guess the 4th colour, the darkest is exactly the same. Very little colour pay off and quite shimmer-y.
Overall I was really disappointed with these eyeshadows. I expected them to be pretty good as Revlon don't normally disappoint me but unfortunately this really did.
I would love to know your drugstore favourite eyeshadows! 
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3

No comments: