Wednesday 25 June 2014

Glossy Vs Matte - Red Edition

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to lipstick. Some people like matte, some people like glossy. I've always been a bit of a 'go big or go home' kind of person with lipstick and to me, matte lipstick is 'bigger'. But recently I've started to lean towards glosses more. *Duh duh duuuuh*

So today, it's the turn of the reds. I've chosen my favourite matte red and my favourite glossy red. 
This is quite a new discovery of mine and I did a review of it not too long ago, it's the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets in the shade 03 'Red Pepper'.
The glossy red I've been liking is from Seventeen in 'wild one'. This is the only Seventeen lipgloss I've ever tried. But it is a really pigmented gloss. 
Left-right Seventeen 'Wild One', Bourjous 'Red pepper'.
Easy to wear?
I find that despite the Seventeen gloss being quite pigmented it's still very wearable and doesn't overwhelm a smoky eye. Whereas the Bourjois velvet matte lipstick is very much a centre piece of my makeup look so less wearable in that sense.
Sticky?
I decided to give this it's own title because this is always my first question when trying a new lipgloss! 
Seventeen - 'Wild One'. Slightly sticky, just the tiny tiniest bit, but nothing too uncomfortable. 
Bourjois - 'Hot Pepper'. Not at all. This dries matte but it's like velvet! Sits really comfortably on the lips!
Wear time?
Seventeen is definitely a lip gloss rather than a lipstick so it's wear time is that of a average lipgloss. Not amazing but also not bad, a plus side is that it's easy to reapply.
Bourjois's wear time is fricking amazing! I've worn it out all day before, had morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea and it's still on. It's so good! 
Drying?
Neither of them are drying in my opinion. However I'm quite good with keeping my lips well moisturised so I don't often find that many lipsticks drying. If you do have dry lips though the gloss will be a lot better than a matte gloss. 

Overall it is a really hard decision, especially as it comes into the Summer as I normally prefer a gloss in hotter weather but I think between the two it would have to be the matte lips. These Bourjois Velvet editions are just so perfect! I've already done a post on them if you would like to check that out!
What's your favourite glosses or mattes?
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3 


No comments: