Saturday 28 June 2014

Maybelline - Colour Show Acid Wash


Ooh Look another nail polish! I have too many, but yet every new shade seems a bit different to the last. My newest addition my collection is Maybelline's Color Show Acid Wash Effect in Lilac Rebel.

I've tried a few of the other Maybelline Color Show nail polishes and I've been really impressed by them before but unfortunately this one didn't live up to the same standard.
I applied three coats of this polish and found that it didn't apply nicely at all. It was really streaky and not very opaque.
Once I managed to apply it so that it looked quite reasonable, I did quite like the look of it. It's a really light blue with white specks in it, and the specks are all different sizes so it does give a really nice effect. I was hoping that the faff of painting it was going to be worth it, as I was hoping it would last a long time. Unfortunately it didn't, even with a top coat, I found that the specks in the polish caused it to chip and peal off really easily. 
Overall I was really disappointed with this polish as I was really hoping it could become a Summer staple.
I would love to hear your nail polish favourites for the Summer as I'm always up for trying new ones!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3

No comments: