Thursday 5 June 2014

Summer Scent '14

Everyone always has their signature scents, and it's finally becoming sunny and warm enough to bring out my Summer scent. I have a few different perfumes which I class as Summer-y but there's always one that I go back to year after year. It's Daisy, Eau so Fresh by Marc Jacobs.

The bottle, well the lid in particular is brilliant. It's one of the best perfume bottles I've seen. It manages to be different and noticeable but still look classy. They also do a small rollerball version, which is so useful for on the go or for holidays! 

The scent is quite subtle, but still gives you a nice pop of fragrance. It's a very classic, girly scent. So it's fruity and flower-y. However I would say it's more on the flower-y side which makes it a more mature scent. 

They describe the scent as having top layers of natural raspberry, pear and grapefruit. I would say you can definitely identify the grapefruit as it takes some of the sweetness away so it isn't a sickly scent.
The middle layer is Violets, Wild Rose and Apple Blossom. This gives the perfume the flower-y scent and I would say the middle layer is definitely the one you get the strongest scent from for the longest time.
The base layer is Musks, Cedarwood and Plum. So these are much heavier scents which are almost like the after taste for the perfume.

This perfume just has Summer written all over it and I don't get tired of it! Sometimes I find with perfumes that you get almost immune to the scent but I don't find that with Eau So Fresh.
I would love to hear what your signature scents are!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3


No comments: