Wednesday 20 November 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes eye shadow sticks

So I've been looking at the Scandaleyes eyeshadow sticks now since they first came out and I keep telling myself I don't need them, but finally I gave in and picked some up. I only picked two colours, out of the five the boots had, as I thought they were the ones I'll get the most use out of.
I picked up two, in the colours 003 bad girl bronze and 002 bulletproof beige. They also had a black one, which I can't remember if it was matte or not (sorry) and then a bright vibrant blue and purple, which I think I might have to go back and get! But I thought these were the must wearable so I thought I'd test these out before buying the other colours. 
The first one which really stood out to me was this one, in bad girl bronze. It's quite a dark brown with gold glitter running through it. I tried just pressing lightly and doing one line and is gives you quite a lot of colour. If you press a bit harder and do a few strokes is does definitely get darker. It goes on really easily and smooth so it's easy to apply straight to your eyelid. I found that if you left it a few minutes after putting it on it wasn't very easy to blend but if you try blend straight after applying it, it does blend a lot better, still not amazing though. 
The second colour is bulletproof beige. This has the same consistency as the other one and goes on very smooth. With this one though I do find you have to work it a tiny bit harder to get really good colour pay off. However it's still really pigmented and easy to use. I have used this as a highlight and an all over lid colour and I really liked it. I found it easy to blend, easier than the brown in my opinion. I've also found that they both stay on all day really well. I sometimes have a problem with eyeshadows as they do tend to crease or fade on my eyelids but I thought these stayed on really well throughout the day. They claim to be waterproof but, fortunately, I haven't had to test this out yet but they do seem to come off quite easy using most makeup or eye make up removers so I don't know how well their staying power will be if they do get wet. 
I would recommend these two as they are really wearable and easy to just throw in your bag and you don't really need any brushes with them.
Thanks. Daisy, Kiss <3

No comments: