Sunday 24 November 2013

The perfect red lip?!

I absolutely love wearing bright red lips especially near Christmas. So I thought I would tell you what my two favourite bright red lipsticks are.
The first one is from L'oreal. 
It's from their colour riche serum line and this one's in the colour 502, True Red. I can't remember the exact price of this lipstick but it's between £6 or £7 I think. Which for a lipstick I think it's quite reasonable, but not amazing. The lipstick it self however is really good. It's so so pigmented and glides on so easily. It's so easy to apply which means you don't have to mess around trying to apply it 3 or 4 times. I find that it's quite long lasting and will stay on all day if I'm out shopping or something but on a night when you're drinking and eating is does tend to fade a little bit. But when is does fade it doesn't fade patchy which is good so you don't have to worry about checking in a mirror after every drink. 
My next favourite is from MUA. 
It's one of their normal lipsticks in the shade 13. It's only a £1, which is a bargain! It's really bright and very pigmented, but it is a tad on the orange side of red rather than a deep red. This ones not quite as easy to apply as it can be bitty, which is a shame, but usually I few coats and it looks the same as the l'oreal lipstick. It's lasting power is really good! I would say it's as good as, if not better than the l'oreal which makes this even more of a bargain! 
I swatched them both on my hand, the bottom one being the l'oreal and the top being MUA. You can see when they're swatched side by side the MUA one looks brighter and the l'oreal looks like a deeper red. 
However when you apply them to your lips they look almost exactly the same. On the top I have l'oreal and bottom I have MUA. I think they look really similar, and though the MUA is slightly drying on the lips I would still stay its as good as the l'oreal especially at the price it is! What you like to see more lipstick dupes?
Thank you! Daisy, Kiss <3

No comments: