Sunday 26 January 2014

5 Makeup Products I Couldn't live without

If I could only have 5 make-up products, well getting ready would be a lot quicker, but I would want products which can be used for all occasions. Day and night.



I'll start with face make-up. I wanted to chose something which wouldn't be too heavy and something which I wouldn't need to set with a powder. I decided to go with Clinique's CC cream. Their CC cream is between a BB cream and a foundation in coverage, so it's quite light. You can get away with this even on bad skin days as it's a colour correcter so covers up any redness really well. As this isn't a full coverage foundation I find that I don't have to set it and it will stay for a pretty long time. 

My next face product which I decided to go for is a Bourjois blush in Golden Lilac. This blush is beautiful! It's a medium pink with gold shimmer running through it. Even though it's shimmery I decided to go for this blush. You can apply it quite heavy so it really adds colour to your cheeks or you can use it very lightly which would work for a more casual occasion.

My next two products are both for eyes. My first one is the MUA eyeshadow trio in innocence. You get three eyeshadows, a light, medium and really dark so it's great for any eye look. All three shades are shimmery which may put some people off but they are really wearable. The darkest shade is definitely the most shimmery shade, which I would only use for some occasions and not everyday. 

The next eye product is Maybelline's the Rocket Mascara. This has had a lot of hype around it and it's definitely worth it! It's quite a wet formula but it doesn't go clumpy or flake throughout the day. What's really amazing about this mascara is the length and volume it gives! It's amazing and really lasts all day. So if I had to chose one mascara to have I would easily chose this one!

My fifth and final product is the Revlon lip butter in Sorbet. The Revlon lip butters are so hydrating and smooth. They act really well as a lip balm and to make them even better they are also nicely pigmented. Sorbet is a bright pink colour but it gives you a sheer pink glow but nothing too much so it's perfect for all occasions.

All 5 of these products make a nice and night time look and you can a few different looks from them so I would say these are my 5 beauty products I couldn't live without!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3