Sunday 12 January 2014

Collection Concealer over hyped?

Everyone and their dog seems to recommend the collection concealers but are they worth the hype they get or is it the price people like?



Collection do 3 different concealers. The very well known, lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer, illuminating touch concealer and a cover up stick. They all claim to have slightly different uses and are all an amazing price!
I'll start with the lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer, which is a mouthful and a half! This one definitely gets the most hype but in my opinion it isn't the best! (gasp) I find that it's very high coverage so perfect for when you have blemishes or any red patches. However it does dry out any blemishes and will cling to the dry skin. If you do apply it lightly you can avoid it but it is quite hard to blend out so get it to be light. I mainly only use this one on blemishes as I find that when I use it under my eyes it creases really quickly. I would say this concealer is best just for special occasions when you want high coverage or when you have some major break outs.


The next concealer is the illuminating touch concealer. This one is definitely my favourite. It's got a brush-like applicator and you twist the bottom of it and the concealer comes up through the brush. I use this on both blemishes and under eye concealer. It's called an illumination concealer but I don't find it too high lighting so you can get away with it to cover blemishes. Unlike the lasting perfection concealer, I don't find it drying at all. It covers any blemishes really well without clinging to the dry skin. I also found that it doesn't crease under my eyes so I really like it for both covering blemishes and under the eyes.


The next concealer they do is a but different. It's their cover up stick. This is more of a solid product than the other two liquid concealers. I usually use a small brush and apply it from the brush rather than using it from the tube so I find it's very precise so I use it to cover any small blemishes. I only use this concealer on blemishes as it's quite a heavy, creamy concealer so wouldn't work under the eyes very well. I do really like this concealer but I would say it's probably my least used one of the three.


If I could only use one I would definitely chose the illuminating touch concealer as it's so easy to use and blend and does two jobs so well.
Let me know your favourite concealer for blemishes and for under your eyes as I love trying out new concealers!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3