Thursday 23 January 2014

Real Technique's Brushes - Core Collection

Are the Real Technique's brushes worth the hype? 
The real techniques core collection includes four brushes.

The whole set is around the £20 mark which is pretty amazing as it means you're only really paying £5 per brush.




Contour Brush


Buffing Brush
Pointed Foundation Brush




Detailer Brush

#1 My favourite of these brushes is definitely the Buffing Brush. The buffing brush is a rounded, quite dense brush which means it picks up powder products really well, and distributes the product really nicely. However I do tend to use this with liquid foundation. I will put a pump of foundation on the back of my hand and then use my finger to dot it over my face. I'll then use the buffing brush and start in the middle of my face, usually one cheek then the other and buff the foundation in. It works the foundation into your skin really well and leaves a flawless finish. I really love this brush and it's definitely a staple in my make-up routine.

#2 My second favourite is probably the contour brush but it's very close between 2nd and 3rd. The contour brush, as the name suggests, is meant for contour. It's quite a tapered brush whic means it is quite thin at the top. Personally I think it's a tad on the small side for contour so the best two uses I have found for this brush is blending under eye concealer and applying blush. The brush is not too dense so it blends conceal in really well but it's also dense enough that it works really well to apply blush very precisely. I definitely use this brush more often for concealer but it does do both jobs very well so it's an absolute must have brush!

#3 My third favourite brush i the detailer brush. The detailer brush is a thin, not very dense brush and I've seen a lot of people us it for a lot of different things. I've seen people use it to apply a high light to their brow bone or inner corner of their eye and I've seen people use it to apply lipstick. I mainly use the detailer brush to blend in concealer, the same as the contour brush. However I tend to use this brush for when I want to use my heavy concealers. This is usually when I want high coverage as this brush is really good for applying concealer precisely and allows me to get high coverage without it looking cakey. I've also used this brush to high light the inner corner of my eye and it does work really well. It picks up a lot of product easily so you don't gave to work it into products too much. It's also really good because of it's size, as it's the perfect size to fit into the inner corner of my eye. However I do tend to use for concealer more often than to high light. I would definitely say this brush deserves to be in the core collection as it's very multi-functional. 


#4 My forth favourite from this collection is the pointed foundation brush. To be perfectly honest, I'm not a massive fan of this brush. I don't find it very good for foundation as it really doesn't blend it well and the buffing brush does a much better job. I do find that I rarely reach for this brush but I do sometimes find that I use it to blend concealer under my eyes, however I would reach for the contour brush before this one.

Overall I do absolutely love these brushes and I would definitely recommend them. £20 seems like a reasonable price for these brushes, especially when you think that it's only a fiver per brush! However as far as I'm aware, you can only get these brushes in the core collection set. I love these brushes so much and they are a definite staple in my collection!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss<3