Friday 10 January 2014

Products To Avoid!

I personally finds these the most useful posts as it's always good to know what's not worth trying. Of course these are all things that I just didn't get along with
but I know a lot of these products other people love so it's only my opinion on them. 
My first product to avoid is l'oreal Elvive triple resist conditioner.
It claims it:
-nourishes hair from root to tip
-reinforces the fibre
-makes your hair feel stronger.
I was suggested to give this a try as my hair has a tendency of falling out. Not like in massive bold patches just when I'm brushing no matter how careful I am still quite a lot of hair comes out on to my brush. Anyway I was told that this might help stop it or a least reduce it. I found that it didn't stop it but neither did it condition. It's a really heavy conditioner and I do like my conditioners to be quite heavy but this was reeaalllyyy heavy. It kind of left my hair feeling dirtier than before I washed it which was a shame as I was really hoping this was going to work. I used about 2/3's of the bottle before I gave up. I was hoping that maybe my hair just had to get used to it but no my hair just felt dry, heavy and not particularly clean. I was surprised by how much I disliked this condition as I usually quite like l'oreal Elvive conditioners but this one just didn't work so I really wouldn't recommend this conditioner.





My next avoid is probably going to be a bit of a shock but it's Batiste's dry shampoo but only in the fragrance 'blush'. I bought this one, despite having darkish hair (so maybe this is my fault). but I just find the scent is too strong. I want a dry shampoo to be quite discrete but this leaves such a strong smell which lasts the whole day! The smell just keeps reminding me that my hairs not clean, I don't like the constant reminder. I found that it sprayed on very bitty as well. It didn't matter how much I shook it I would still get some parts that were totally white and then other parts had just a fine mist on them and there was no in between. This meant that it took quite a lot of rubbing or brushing through to get it to look normally and not like I had grey roots. And after all that my hair would just feel really stiff and dirty especially to touch. Overall I really don't enjoy using this, I still use it on days where my hair looks like it really needs it but it's almost quicker for me just to wash it sometimes. I want to try out one of the others to see if I would prefer it. I'm thinking of trying 'dark and deep brown' and hopefully I'll then understand the hype of this dry shampoo.



My next product to avoid is a bronzer from MUA. 
MUA, despite being really affordable sometimes bring out some really good products so I thought for £1 I might as well try out one of their bronzers. I got mine in shade 3. All the shades are the same sort of colour just some are darker versions of the others. My first impression was quite good as it's really highly pigmented and you don't need to work your brush into it too much to get a good colour payoff. However it didn't matter how much I blended or used different brushes I found it looked really muddy. I know a lot of really matte brown bronzers can look slightly on the muddy side but this is really bad. I just couldn't get it to work nicely. I tried barely putting any on and it still didn't look right. I'm not sure with this one if it would work on someone else because quite often bronzers look better on different skin tones. I think it would probably be too dark and muddyish for quite pale people so it might work on darker skin tones. Overall I really just wasn't impressed with this but it was only a £1 so I can't complain too much.


My next product to avoid is the Scandaleyes volume flash extreme black by Rimmel. 1st of all, even though this doesn't actually effect it's job as a mascara, it smells really weird, not necessarily a bad smell, just weird. Anyway as a mascara I found the first coat went on alright nothing amazing but not bad. However as soon as you try build it up you get little bits of fibres on your lashes which look odd and make your eyelashes look really clumpy. The formula is also quite wet so it smudges easily, especially if you put it on the bottom lashes. I also found that as it's quite a wet formula it didn't tend to make my eyes itch which was annoying because I couldn't itch them as it smudges! I've had this mascara for quite a while now, so I tried it again thinking that it might have dried out slightly and be more usable. It had dried out quite a bit but it still clumps up a lot, probably more than it did originally. Overall I think Rimmel's done a lot more better mascara's, like the Rimmel's sexy curves, and this just isn't one of their good ones so I wouldn't recommend it.
That's if for my negative post! I do tend to search a bit about a product before buying it but sometimes things work for some people I don't for others so I would be interested to see if you had any luck with these products or knew how to get them to work nicely! I would love to hear what products you think need avoiding!
Thanks, Daisy. Kiss <3